Project engineers are responsible for fulfilling project assignments, individually or as part of a project team. Assignments may include involvement in multiple projects simultaneously. IMS is seeking candidates for our Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA and Chicago, IL offices.
- Receive assignments from project management/technical lead.
- Report on status and communicate technical issues.
- Provide engineering detail to and work with internal drafting resources to develop drawings.
- Develop technical documentation and specifications.
- Write PLC and HMI application software.
- Configure AC / DC drive equipment.
- Develop system test plan documents, simulation code, and perform system testing.
- Coordinate with project management, technical leads, and/or end customers to commission systems.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in industrial automation
- Qualified entry level candidates will be considered.
- Aptitude in programming/configuring PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens, and GE), drives (Siemens, ABB, and Allen Bradley), and or HMI packages is a plus.
- Experience in metals processing is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in automation products, software and complimentary areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and Visio
- Communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time.