Project engineers are responsible for fulfilling project assignments, individually or as part of a project team. Assignments may include involvement in multiple projects simultaneously and callouts to service new and older existing customer process lines. IMS is seeking candidates for our Crown Point, In. office.
- Receive assignments from project management/technical lead.
Report on status and communicate technical issues.
- Provide engineering detail to and work with internal drafting resources to develop drawings.
- Develop technical documentation and specifications
- Write PLC and HMI application software.
- Configure AC / DC drive equipment.
- Develop system test plan documents, simulation code, and perform system testing.
- Coordinate with project management, technical leads, and/or end customers to commission systems.
- Support Customers in a field service capability on new and aging equipment.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in industrial automation.
- Qualified entry level candidates will be considered.
- Aptitude in programming/configuring PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens, and GE), drives (Siemens, ABB, and Allen Bradley), and or HMI packages is a plus.
- Experience in metals processing is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in automation products, software and complimentary areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time.