Responsible for managing automation projects from $50,000 to $15,000,000. Project managers are responsible for executing multiple projects simultaneously. IMS is seeking candidates for our Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA and Chicago, IL offices.
- Work with sales to define the project requirements at the onset of each project.
- Develop project execution plans.
- Work with assigned project engineers / teams to execute the scope of work.
- Control internal equipment costs, labor costs, and deliveries.
- Coordinate and manage sub-contractors, including control of quality, cost, and delivery.
- Ensure project satisfies the proposed scope of work / customer specifications.
- Interface with the customer for reporting and resolution of issues.
- Provide status, spending, and schedule reporting to internal and external customers.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in industrial automation
- Experience working with PLC, drives, and HMI products, as well as metals processing knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in automation products, software and complimentary areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time.