Field Systems Small Project Engineers are responsible for fulfilling project
assignments, individually or as part of a project team. Assignments may
include involvement in multiple projects simultaneously. IMS is seeking
candidates for our Willoughby, OH office.
- Receive assignments from project management/technical
- Report on status and communicate technical issues.
- Provide engineering detail to and work with internal
drafting resources to develop drawings.
- Develop technical documentation and specifications.
- Write PLC and HMI application software.
- Configure AC / DC drive equipment.
- Develop system test plan documents, simulation code,
and perform system testing.
- Coordinate with project management, technical leads,
and/or end customers to commission systems.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in
- Qualified entry level candidates will be considered with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Aptitude in programming/configuring PLC’s (Allen
Bradley, Siemens, and GE), drives (Siemens, ABB, and Allen Bradley), and
or HMI packages is a plus.
- Experience in metals processing is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing
training to maintain technical competency in automation products, software
and complimentary areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially
Word, Excel, and Visio
- Communication skills both written and verbal are
- Travel required approximately 25%-35% of the time.