The primary responsibility of the CAD Designer will be the creation of electrical drawings. BOMs, enclosure layouts and related technical documentation to support the engineering group in the quoting, design and fabrication process. IMS is seeking candidates for our Willoughby, OH, Irwin, PA and Portage, IN offices
- Receive assignments from project management/technical lead.
Report on status and communicate technical issues.
- Provide engineering detail to and work with internal drafting resources to develop drawings.
- Develop technical documentation and specifications.
- Write PLC and HMI application software.
Configure AC / DC drive equipment.
- Develop system test plan documents, simulation code, and perform system testing.
- Participate in commissioning of systems in the field, along with field engineers, project management, technical leads, and/or end customers.
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent experience in industrial automation.
- Qualified entry level candidates will be considered.
- Experience in programming/configuring PLC’s (Rockwell, Siemens, and GE), drives (Rockwell, Siemens, ABB, GE, others), and or HMI packages (FactoryTalk, Wondware, WinCC, others).
- Experience in metals processing along with a strong competency in math and physics is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in automation products, software and complementary areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Communication skills both written and verbal are required, as well as the ability to work in a dynamic team environment is required.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
Occasional overnight travel required for customer meetings and commissioning activities.