IMS is seeking candidates for our Willoughby, OH and Portage, IN offices.
- Receive assignments from project management/technical lead.
- Report on status and communicate technical issues.
- Design engineering solutions using commercially available, off-the-shelf, PLC, HMI, AC / DC drive equipment.
- Provide engineering detail to, and work, with internal drafting resources to develop drawings.
- Develop technical documentation and specifications.
- Develop system test plan documents and perform system testing.
- Participate in commissioning of systems in the field, along with field engineers, project management, technical leads, and/or end customers.
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent experience in industrial automation.
- Qualified entry level candidates will be considered.
- Experience in metals processing along with a strong competency in math and physics is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in industrial automation products and complementary areas.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Electrical and Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Communication skills both written and verbal are required, as well as the ability to work in a dynamic team environment is required.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.