We are looking for a highly capable project accountant to provide our project team with accounting support. The Project Account will be required to manage the accounting of all projects (set up of the project, budgets, financial health, etc.) including project reviews with our Project Managers. IMS is seeking candidates for our Willoughby, OH office.
Report to the Controller and work closely with project managers.
- Review customer purchase order, have internal kick off meetings with staff, create projects and budgets in ERP system.
- Works directly with project managers to complete monthly Work-In-Progress reports and updates the ERP system changes to estimated cost.
- Lead project health reviews with project managers and Engineering Managers.
- Help project managers prepare proformas/Invoices and communicate items that need to be completed.
- Monitor all projects and support project managers with collections of receivables.
- Updating projects according to client requirements and reporting associated budget amendments.
- Preform quarterly reviews of projects with project managers.
- Documenting and understanding the various revenue recognition laws (Over time vs Point in time).
- Associate’s degree in accounting with relevant work experience in project accounting.
- Five years of general accounting skills.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in accounting, specifically project accounting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.